A thorough analyisis of our coast.
The most beautiful pictures of its landscapes.
An essential project for its conservation.
S.O.S. SPANISH COASTLINE has the goal to analyze the current state of the Spanish coast, to identify the conservation status of different areas and highlight the urgent need to protect places of great ecological and landscape value.
The Spanish coastline is an ecosystem that has suffered severe deterioration, resulting in irreversible loss of natural and traditional landscapes as well as plant and animal species. In many regions the damage is still occurring, and we have to add the impact of global issues like global warming.
This project, already underway and which completion is expected in October 2009, aims to analyze the Spanish coast, documenting its status by areas and making an extensive image bank on the best preserved areas with high landscape values.
The proposal comes from the personal determination of the most internationally awarded Spanish nature photographer, an ambassador of the photographic excellences of our country. With his innovative photographic techniques he gets great aesthetic results, images that show the beauty that survives in our coast.
A project that is supported by many initiatives and organizations: Foundations for study and conservation of Nature, Associations, Coastal Research Centers, Companies, Virtual Initiatives.
The project is based on:
- A detailed analysis of the Spanish coast, conducted in a comprehensive manner.
- Documentation on itscurrent state of conservation, as well as key threats.
- Location of the places with the highest landscape values.
- Location of the most degraded areas.
- Evaluation on the need of protection of vulnerable areas.
- A tool for the conservation and future comparison of the coast evolution and status.
All this will be done through the different media you can check in the subsections of this tab